Gabe Herbert Developer
Here's what I can do for you...
It’s critical for web sites to load quickly. There are dozens of tools for optimizing performance, and these are my favorite:
- W3 Total Cache- It’s almost like telling your site to write its own reusable code. The hard work gets done once and is saved for later.
- CloudFlare- A security and optimization CDN with a free tier that offers a lot of value.
Host MigrationThere are many technologies co-existing on your hosting platform. I’ve done enough of these to make your migration painless.
- SSL- Encryption between your server and visitors’ web browsers
- Static IP’s- usually required for SSL
- Domain management- your .com domains are different than your web site.
- DNS configuration
- Email accounts & services- a new host probably means a new email server
- Hosting environments- each web host is a bit, or drastically, different
Security & MaintenanceThe modern web is dynamic. Like a running machine, the software on your site needs to be cared for.
- Backups- Backups are a must for every web site.
- Sandboxed updates- I clone sites to a staging server to ensure that regular updates won’t have any unexpected consequences
- Security hardening- There are people and robots who want to steal you site’s fruit- don’t be caught low-hanging!
- Malware prevention- Yes, these are like diseases.